Tips for using the Cervical Capture for Spinal Decompression:
1. Make sure the patient is down far enough on the table where the capture hits just below the occipital ridge.
2. Most patients will be set at capture #3, unless they have a very large neck, then set it at #4 or #5.
3. If the patient has a very petite neck, then I would set the capture at either a #2 or #1.
4. Make sure the head strap is tight enough on the forehead.
5. While on the table, if the capture starts to slide over the occipital ridge while in motion, then you know the capture is open too far and you will have to readjust to a smaller opening.
6. Record this on the patient’s file to know where to set the opening at the next visit.